Friday, August 19, 2011

Swiss Roller Coasters and Pretzel Dogs Galore



After an evening of Jonker-style Eucher (see picture at right – it's charli at her best), it was time for another glorious night on le sofa-bed. I must say, IKEA has done a good job of making very minimally-invasive pieces semi-comfortable! But, we had a big day on Monday, and needed to rest up!





On Monday, we were 'bach'ing-it (in the wise words of Greg – referring to the lack of a mom/wife present) – so what do we do? We climb Mt. Utliberg! I don't know if you can see this in the picture, but I am wearing sandals, giving away the fact that this wasn't the most strenuous of climbs….







Regardless, Utliberg sits high about Zurich, allowing a beautiful view of the city and lake. Most of the climb is done by train, but there are some pretty awesome hiking/biking/running trails once you get to the top. There is also an observatory, Jeremy is estimating to have 100 stairs. I would like to think there was more like 1,000 – it was scary.







Post-climb, we found the "roller coasters" which aren't nearly as exciting as my face might suggest…. But something I would have tried to recreate in my backyard as a child.


 


After our adventure – we got to check out Jessica and Chris' new place. An awesome condo in the "bucktown" of Zurich. And then a gourmet lunch – PRETZELDOGS! Yes, my dog (on the left) is a much bigger dog…. The pretzel man knew I was famished.






No comments:

Post a Comment