Saturday, August 20, 2011

My ‘Rush-Hour French’ CD didn’t teach me enough…


Awe, Paris – the city of lights!
With no real plans and no true priorities – we boarded the train expecting to arrive in the City around 4pm.



Good thing our travel agent told us that our train passes weren't available on all trains – oh wait, she didn't. I thought we were going to be thrown off…. In the middle of nowhere… I guess they don't do that, but it did end up costing us.

Our hotel was lovely – right across from the Pantheon, a great staff (I call them the Hommes Hommies) and an exercise-ful walk to everywhere (ie. not close to anything, but not far enough to justify a taxi anywhere – I would like to thank my travel agent for my 3-day leg workout… they haven't looked this good since my address was 1433 Tennessee).

If you don't know what the Pantheon is – you aren't alone. I slept 100 ft from it, toured it and took several pictures…. And I still don't know what it is.


Favorite experience of the trip so far – probably Tuesday's dinner. Recommended by the Hommes Hommies – O fil de'l O is located on a small boat on the back side of Notre Dame. No, unfortunately, we did not see the back side of Quasimodo – I've heard the French are known for their (or maybe it's because they are) backsides.

What we did see (but not for long) was an AWESOME dinner! This is one of the only times that Jeremy has "won" the tasting battle…. And his dinner was cooked in a mason jar.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment